Copied from a Grand Teton National Park handout, identification of the sources of the sounds heard in the Laurance S. Rockefeller Preserve ‘Soundscape’ room.
“Notes: Below is a list of prominent sounds that can be heard in the Soundscape, along with a description of each sound. The list is in relative order from the beginning of the loop to the end. There are many other small, less prominent sounds heard throughout the loop that are not listed.
1. Song sparrow (high-pitched song with multiple chirps and buzzy “zeets.”
2. Dark-eyed junco (multiple “chits” and “chats”)
3. Red squirrel (high-pitched clicking)
4. Ducks taking off in flight (rapid wingbeats)
5. Yellow warbler (song a rapid sweet sweet ti ti ti too”)
6. Ruby-crowned kinglet (song ending in rapid “teacher-teacher-teacher”)
7. Raven (repeated squawking)
8. Ruffed grouse drumming (beating becomes increasingly rapid)
9. Running water
10. Red-winged blackbirds (song a buzzy “zeeeee” or “kon-ka-reeeee”)
12. Canada geese (in-flight call, a repeated honking)
13. Bald eagle whining
14. Wilson’s snipe (“huhuhuhuhu” flight call)
15. Coyotes yipping/howling
16. Mallard ducks swimming
17. Bald eagle whining
19. Olive-sided flycatcher (song a whistled “quick, three beers” or “whip, weee-deeer”)
20. Light rain
22. Barn swallows chattering
23. Elk Bugling
24. Ravens (intermittent squawking)
25. Great horned owl”
Grand Tetons sightseeing has info about the Laurance S. Rockefeller Preserve in Grand Teton National park.
Grand Teton National Park birds has photos and details about the most common ones we can hope to see
including Bald Eagle, Red-winged Blackbird, Canada Geese, Clark’s Nutcracker, Golden Eagle, Great Blue Heron. Great Gray Owl, Harlequin duck, Loon, Magpie, Merganser, Northern Flicker (woodpecker), Osprey, Ouzel, Pelican, Peregrine Falcon, Ptarmigan, Raven, Sandhill Cranes, Steller’s Jays, Trumpeter Swan , Western Meadowlark, and Western Tanager, with links to calls / songs from most of them to listen to.
and you can Download photos of over a hundred birds of Grand Teton National Park